Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mood-board #1

I've always been one to collect pretty images and photos. I hoard so many magazines, it's ridiculous. I can safely say I've never thrown out a single Glamour Magazine. I hang head with shame (secretly I'm proud, it takes a lot of creativity to think of so many new storage ideas!). 

Anyway just like many others, I've been collecting some images for my upcoming photo-shoot. The first look has still to be decided as it is an era of choice. I'm fairly sure I will stick with 1940/1950's vibe as it is my absolute favourite as I spoke briefly about in this post here. But I want to find a different angle where I can create a more modern twist. Possibly making it a little more Avant Garde, if I can!

The second look is trend make-up. Thankfully, I have a good idea of what I want the overall result to be.  My inspiration for this look is springtime beauty. To anybody that knows me, might think this is a litttttle bit out of character for me. This kind of chirpy attitude usually makes me want to vom. But one can't deny how stunning this is in terms of make-up. 

 I'm thinking candy and bubblegum colours. Instead of making this make-up smoky and sexy, I want fresh and contrasting. I want clean lines as these will translate much better on camera.







A celebrity that comes to mind would be the always so beautiful Katy Perry. 





Other than looking up ideas for the shoot, it's been a quiet weekend. I made the school boy error of popping into Brown Thomas yesterday to have a look in MAC and walked away with a lighter purse. With the number of different collections MAC have out at the moment, it was all too much to resist!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 



(All images sourced from www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment