Saturday, April 21, 2012

Payday Catastrophe

I'm sure you all know that feeling. That last week of the month before payday where Erin Hotcup Soup in Mushroom will have to contribute to your 5 a day or handbags are emptied onto the tables to gather every last bit of change for a carton of milk. On repeat in my head for the week is the mantra " I will NEVER let myself get to this point again" or the favourite "I WILL write a budget this month and STICK to it". 

Then the morning of payday rolls in and all those coherent thoughts just fall out of your head. I'm the type of person that fools myself into thinking that I deserve a treat. By the end of the day, I'm calculating in my head if my bills will be covered for the month and what's minimum amount I can live on. It's a vicious circle that I have yet to beat.

So yesterday was no exception to this law of nature and a few (un)necessary purchases were made in BTs. 


When I see what I bought collectively, I can see I had an overall Spring/Summer theme going on. Despite the fact Dublin was miserable. I've managed to convince myself that the summer will be warm and I will spend all my free time wearing summer dresses and bright lips in beer gardens. Sipping glasses of Bulmers, like a lady. 

1. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Blossom Culture



I've noticed these lipsticks for a while but never thought to buy them and usually always stay faithful to their classic formula. But once I swatched this, I was instantly drawn to it. These half gloss/ half lipstick formulations have been increasingly popular over the last two years. I have two from Chanel that I absolutely adore and I know YSL and NARS have had similar ideas.

The website describes it as a "soft pink with pearl" but I would be leaning towards a soft coral. It's quite a warm pink with a gold undertone shooting through. Inoffensive and easy to wear.

2. MAC Eye Shadow in All That Glitters





This was a repurchase of a firm favourite. One of my first ever MAC eyeshadows to buy and an all round cult classic. EVERYBODY should own this colour. I bought it in pan form as I use it my MAC pro palette.


3.  MAC Lip Pencil in Lasting Sensation



This beauty caught my eye as soon as I walked in the door. I love strong lips. I spent a lot of winter wearing colours like MAC Rebel and Girl About Town. With this, I can see myself wearing it throughout the season. It's a bright coral which I'll probably apply all over the lips with a little gloss on top.


4. MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Spiked

Nothing too glamorous about this product, I'm afraid! Lately, I had a greater interest in eyebrows. Something that is overlooked by many, with myself included in the past, in terms of colour. Never underestimate the power of a strong, shaped brow. I've using brow powders up until now and decided to give this a whirl. 


5. MAC Power Blush in Immortal Flower



A Limited Edition product that came out with The Tres Chic Collection, this is LOVE. Immediately, I was head over heels. This is my favourite colour in terms of clothes, jewellery, bags etc so when I saw sitting up looking at me, I knew it had to be mine. It's a light, bright peach (does that make sense?!). 

Apologies on the quality of the photos, the iPhone is my only source to a camera at the moment. Maybe next month, if I'm feeling kind to myself, I'll buy one on the next payday session.



1 comment:

  1. that blusher looks gorg!!!!

    Over on my blog I am having a give away, I would love for you to enter :o)

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete